miércoles, 10 de diciembre de 2008


Then with tears in her eyes she looked at her grandfather waiting for an answer.
Grandfather: Oh Nelly! I am sure that when I fell better, everything is going to be like before. But now you have to look after me. Nelly, go to the doctor please and ask him to come for a visit.
The doctor came and after examining him he took out some medicine out of his black case, and gave it to the grandfather.
Doctor: You have to take this every four hours and you have to stay in bed until your fever goes down.
When the doctor went away, Nelly left his grandfather to have a rest. After a long time Nelly went back to see her grandfather.
Nelly: Are you feeling better grandpa?
Grandfather: Yes dear thank you. I feel much better now.
Suddenly, the shop became alive again and everything started moving like before. People returned enthusiastically to buy things from the shop. So Nelly and her grandfather earned enough money to live happily.
Grandfather: Nelly, I think we’ve been very lucky to find this magic book. However, we must learn a lesson from this incident. Members of a family should help and look after each other in difficult times.
Nelly: Yes grandpa, you will always have my help and we will be very happy!
Magic book: Children, I am the magic book: “The Old Curiosity Shop” and you have been reading me.

No hay comentarios: